CCF Speaker Series in September
|Venue:||AHC 1, Room 140|
Friday, September 21, 2012
Leap Preschool: An Evidence-Based Model Intervention for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
This workshop is free of charge for the Children's Trust and MDCPS affiliates.
Non-affiliates cost = $95. Seating is limited, so please register in advance to secure your spot.
Learning Objectives: Participants will be able to:
1. Describe the distinguishing features of the LEAP Model.
2. Describe the varying roles of adult family members.
3. Determine how multiple instructional strategies are utilized.
4. Determine how data are used to drive instruction.
5. Describe the range of outcomes attributable to specific intervention strategies.
Phil Strain, Ph.D., is Professor of Educational Psychology and Psychiatry at the University of Colorado Denver and Director of the Positive Early Learning Experiences Center. He authored the original grant that funded the development of the LEAP model in 1980 and recently received funding to conduct a long-term follow-up on participants in the randomized trial.
For a full listing of speakers, registration information and directions please go to: CCF Speaker Series
The Speaker Series is developed in collaboration with the Society of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology and The Children’s Trust.